Work hard and Play hard - the kiwi way

I have been traveling a bit recently which may sound to some like fun but in reality it is a pain in the buttocks. Particularly nasty was a 3 night Austin, 3 night Dallas, 3 night Salt Lake City trip especially after night 5 when my liver just got up and buggered off - still trying to tempt it back with google search results for a liver cleansing diet. Once I get it back I am going to teach it to mess with me - Mr Daniels is going to help me there :)

And no I do not have a drinking problem Mum/Guido/etc.

Anyway landing back here after my fun little 9 night trip I had a young Dad with his daughter behind me on the flight and they were talking about New Zealand. I happened to have my All Black shirt on and happen to know a little about NZ. Although I haven't been there in a while NZ will never leave me - actually have now lived over 1/2 my life away from home - in reality wherever I lay my hat, that's my home (song now stuck in head damn it)

I really need to write this crap more often as my pontifications can get away from me.

Anyway, back to the story. The guy on the plane said how much he had enjoyed living in Auckland, although technically he was over the bridge and we don't like them northerners much :) His main comment was 'You kiwis certainly know how to work hard and play hard' and damn it, he is right, we do. I mean is there any other way. Even if I am doing nothing I am doing it hard, it can sometimes take considerable effort to do sweet fuck all.

Hate to admit it but it is something kiwi's have in common with the criminals across the Tasman. We work hard, we play hard. Sure it is a generalization but life is full of profiling - examples are:

All rugby players are drunks - there are some too young to drink
All Pommes (English folk) have bad teeth and drink warm beer - pretty accurate
All Aussies are thieving mongrel bastards - well that is also pretty accurate
All Telecom sales reps are lying drunks - actually also pretty accurate

And most importantly

All Politicians are full of shit - that one is pretty true also

Umm, not really helping myself here I guess So what did we learn from this latest post? Nothing really apart from the fact that I need some serious mental health assistance (paging Dr Daniels)

Work hard and play hard and earn your inspiration

Have a great Poets Day

Perot 2016 (for you bro)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The American Idol complex

Do not go gentle into that good night

Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you