Sweep the leg Johnny

"You have a problem with that"

Well as well all know Johnny did end up having a problem with that - a Crane kick to the face that has resulted in numerous torn hamstrings as kids (and kids at heart) tried to replicate it.

I am sure you are right now thinking 'da'fuck James, what are you pontificating about this time?' Well let me elaborate.

Sometimes what we perceive as a weakness can actually be a strength.

When you see those brightly colored tree frogs in the Amazon (or on Discovery Channel) we all think that they must be stupid, camouflage is the name of the game in the jungle. But no, what these brightly colored frogs are saying (apart from the fact that they look fabulous) is that they are poisonous little buggers. Johnny went after what he perceived was the weakness however that leg sweep led directly to a case of foot-to-kisser and a bunch of crappy sequels.

Recently someone implied that I needed to act more seriously (he may have said professionally but same thing) and I would make more money (I am a sales monkey after all). Now that person has no idea what I earn and what I have earned however I am guessing that his perception of me is that I am a clown and therefore cannot possibly sell anything. I think however that my personality is perfect for selling because I actually being who I am at all times (well most of them) and people buy from people. As long as the fun times also coincide in knowing WTF I am talking about then hell yes I will close deals. Now sure I could be more serious, wear a suit and tie and take that stupid grin off my face, but what fun would that be.

Your perception may not be reality, so don't be blinded by what you believe to be the facts or by past experiences when you pass judgement on people. Perception is just perception, it may lead to the truth but it also may have you walk away from something awesome just because you threw blinkers on too early.

Behind the fun there may be something serious, behind the perceived security may be insecurity (like wondering if people like the silly blog you write - we are all looking for some sort of confirmation), behind the bright fabulous colors might be something toxic.

Oh yeah, and stop looking for weaknesses in people. Look for the good, look for the positive and stop being so judgmental. The best times I have is when I look at the world as though through kids eyes.

Well fuck me, this post is a bit serious for Poets Day. I perceive a weakness in the cold cans sitting in the fridge, a weakness that I must take advantage of, it seems that someone has designed these cans with a small section that can easily be pushed in so that the liquid contained can be got at - actually, maybe that is the cans strength.

Work hard, play hard and earn your inspiration

Happy Poets Day






Comments

  1. I perceive it to be well said, well said indeed (and yes, we do like the silly blogs.. even the serious-silly)

    Happy Poets Day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The American Idol complex

Do not go gentle into that good night

Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you