Gotta be you

This is not a morbid post and no I am not dying, well no more than anybody else, but what is the story of my life on this planet and do I have time to change it? One way or another you and I (as for once this post might be about you) have had an impact on the people around us. We (yes, it is all inclusive this time) have probably made some of the same mistakes and God only knows how many little white lies we have told that have kept us up all night but everyone has something great that they can leave; a legacy, a story, a friendship, an effect on the people around us. There are those that truly, madly, deeply need to feel that they made a once in a lifetime change on society and there are those that are happy to just live for the small moments that are perfect to them.

Ok, James, you are asking yourselves, WTF are you on now?

Quite frankly I am just having a bit of a laugh right now, did you know there are 13 One Direction song titles in that first paragraph including the title. Why? Well, just because :)

But seriously, you gotta be you.

Moving jobs, moving homes, moving into a new relationship are all opportunities where you can re-invent yourself (in theory). These are those times where you think ‘Hell yeah, I can be that 8:30am to 6pm person who wears a tie to work and doesn’t swear’, or ‘Hell yes I can get up and exercise every day and not binge watch Short Poppies on Netflix’, or ‘Of course I can listen to what you are saying on a daily basis and empathize so that we can emotionally connect and build a stronger, more caring relationship’. But then reality kicks in and you realize you, I mean I, can’t do any of those things. I really need to stop writing about me all the time, but then if I did what would I have to write about :)  I just gotta be me :)

Now I am not saying we shouldn’t evolve (or mature) and change as things change around us but at our core, we are what we are. Crap, that sort of sounds bad but I guess it depends on the character of your core. Some people say our core is our soul (well at least I am sure some people say that but this blog is not researched or qualified in any way so I could be completely wrong – however unlikely that may be) but to me it is our heart, which is probably metaphysically the same thing. Our core isn’t just a 4-chambered blood pump. Maybe it is just the way we use the terms these days. When you say someone has soul, and they are not playing Jazz, then you are most likely saying they have depth of character. However I prefer to talk highly of people by saying that they have a good heart. If your heart (metaphysically) is good then your core is good, and even though you (yes I mean me) may fail at reinventing yourself (or in my case maturing) in a new environment don’t be concerned (I am typing this whilst looking in the mirror – with clothes – enough naked selfies for today) because at your core you are good and you gotta be you.

Sometimes you just got to self-affirm and as much this is just a silly blog with (sometimes) something that is of interest to you, it is usually based on what is going on around me at a specific moment in time – got to earn the inspiration somehow. So to those people out there that need a little pep in their step and that have read this far (because fuck those who haven’t) you are awesome, especially if you are a friend of mine as I only have awesome friends (Randy is not a friend). Those of you who don’t need a pep talk, how about telling someone else that they are awesome also (if true) as that helps make it a beautiful day.

Fuck this was a weird one – started in one direction and ended in U2 :)

As usual nothing was harmed in writing of this blog apart from me butchering the English language. Any person distraught by mental images of me standing naked in front of a mirror needs to take a good hard look at themselves :) Any complaints about the context and language of this blog will be routinely dismissed by me so don’t bother telling me about it. And yes, before you ask, my Mother is very proud :)

So work hard, play hard and earn your inspiration 

Happy Poets Day

Comments

  1. My late night contemplation. I must go back through the others.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The American Idol complex

Do not go gentle into that good night

Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you