You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!


With the big Brexit vote in the UK yesterday it behooves me to probably write something completely opinionated and non-factual about what a stupid decision they made, but since when has this blog been about non-factual opinionated writing? I guess I will need to write about something else, if you want true and unbiased news trust Rupert Murdoch – millions of other sheep do :)

Actually, you know what, fuck it. I really really don’t want to write about politics and what a bunch of fucking mindless drones we seem to have become but I have to write about what I am passionate about and right now I am passionately concerned that we are about to blow it up.

Quick fact (there is the odd one here) – did you know that 75% of people aged 18-24 voted in favor of Remain, in the over 65 category it was 39%

Spoiler alert – for those of you who haven’t seen Planet of the Apes (the one with Charlton Heston) you may want to stop reading now and take a good long look at yourself and wonder what the fuck you have been doing with your life. Anyways, at the end of the movie Astronaut George Taylor (Charlton Heston for you young people) discovers that the Planet of the Apes is really Earth after a nuclear war. A couple of talking points from the movie that are relevant now (sort of) is that the humans cannot talk, hence they are pets, and the line ‘Get your stinking hands off me, you damn dirty ape’ is not a nice thing to say in mixed company.

Another quick fact – did you know that OBGYNs in the US of Libelous Tort have to carry insurance for 18 years after they stop delivering babies as that is how long the statute is to be able to sue your OBGYN for you being fat and lazy (or something like that). Not really relevant to anything here but just a mind blowing piece of information, especially if you are trying to work out why medical insurance is so expensive in the US - maybe someone could look at fixing that (and get rid of the lobbyists that create the issue)

In sales training (well in one of them, I didn’t really pay attention) they talk about looking for a customer’s pain and how to solve it (i.e. sell something to them). Often the pain is not as real as the sales monkey makes it out to be, but they try to accentuate what the pain is for the customer by elaborating on it until the pain is more and more real – even though the pain is not often that big a pain in the first place. I deal with pain on a daily basis due to 21 years of back issues, bulging disks (that is correct, with an ‘s’) and all round fun pain. However I can deal with it. Politicians (this is a generalization so does not include or preclude anyone specifically) are experts in looking for that little bit of pain and making it a big deal. Proof of that concept right now is the Drumph campaign, which should be called ‘Fear and Loathing in Las America’ rather than ‘Make America Great Again’. The Leave campaign in the UK was based on lies and fear in relationship to immigration issues and worked pretty damn well for Farage. Just to add food to thought this charming comment on the next Prime minister (most likely) of the UK could be used for the Drumph wiki page also - ‘Critics have accused him of laziness and dishonesty, using racist and homophobic language, and elitism’ – and they both have the same hair.

The other side over in the US isn’t much better. Hillary Clinton’s campaign motto should be ‘If you believed Bill about Monica then you idiots will probably believe me too about anything’ or ‘I did not have deletional relationships with that email’. Damn it – that is a fucking good line – going to have to hashtag that one :)

Sorry if this week I have not been up to my usual Pulitzer prize winning standard :) To be honest I am a bit all over the place. I have to race out earlier than usual to pick up Turtle (daughter – 9) from a week long camp and cannot wait to hear her stories before I have to drop her off. This whole Brexit thing is scary (in many ways) with 2 completely different friends of mine, one and actor and one a Managing Director, both on the same side (Remain) and you don’t see that very often. Aine Belton said ‘Sometimes you have to close your eyes to see clearly’ and maybe that is what needs to happen. Most of what people see these days is on TV or completely well thought out and logical book of faces posts (that was sarcasm for you Poets Day 101 Students) – maybe if you stop reacting to the crap you see and actually look then you will find the truth.

Fuck me, that was pretty deep (yeah I know, but I have used the ‘that’s what she said’ joke before on that line in a previous post and this blog is all about being original). But it is also a pretty good place to stop because as y’all know I like to have at least one thought provoking comment each week – and sometimes I try to include them in the blog :) So one last time incase you missed it the first time - maybe if you stop reacting to the crap you see and actually look then you will find the truth.

This week’s blog was bought to you by the letters ‘R’. ‘U’ and the phrase ‘fucking kidding’. Any insults aimed at politicians were most likely deliberate and based solely on the fact that I don’t trust any of you bastards. This weeks blog was not edited by anyone as this is purely my shit this time and also I need to get the fuck out of here to get the Turtle and don’t have time to wait for the English Major to tell me how much I have butchered the Queens English once again – at least I didn’t fuck up the country for future generations. Any opinions expressed here are purely mine and I refuse to elaborate on them or justify them with any logical information :)

So work hard, play hard and earn your inspiration.

Happy Poets Day


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The American Idol complex

Do not go gentle into that good night

Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you