What floats your boat?

This one is going to be quick and deep – just the way she likes it :)

A couple of months ago The English Major had a social gathering to celebrate his marriage.  It was one of the big anniversaries, 3 months I think--pretty sure that is when the blow jobs stop or something like that. Anyway at said social gathering I bumped into a couple of, well, not sure if I can call them gentlemen, so I will go with blokes who have the same issue as me.

Apparently it is quite a common issue and it gets worse as you get older or once you have kids. I mean there is nothing worse than having the vessel but no ability to use it, after a while it seems like you might never get to use the damn thing again. We 3 discovered that this issue was something that we didn’t need to go through alone so we decided to form a support group for local men in the area. It was time for other men to know that they were not alone in this and that they had people that would support them and knew what they were going through.

And that is how North Hills Yacht Club was created. A club for people with boats in their yards that just sit there creating shade. We have a book of faces page, a logo and 3 Commodores.

Oh, did you think we were talking about our dicks?.....There is something seriously wrong with you people. I am not sick, I’m just not well :)

So what is the moral of this story and how does it relate to Poets Day?

Quite simple really, it’s all about working hard and playing hard. My boat needs some serious tender love and care and that generally means some serious cash and there are other things that need the cash right now so the boat waits, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have fun with the silly thing. So the NHYC was formed to celebrate the silliness that is having a boat in your yard not on the water. We are planning to have some raft-ups in some front yards with paddling pools full of water (and beer), a small boat parade through parts of the neighborhood with prizes for best pirate ship etc and of course we are getting some shirts done :)

I believe 100% in work hard and play hard, but play hard doesn’t mean getting drunk and falling down, it means having fun at having fun. Some of y’all may think I am 7 shades of crazy (better than being 50 shades of grey) but guess what I am having fun so I really don’t care :). The best way to live life is to love life, and I love life because the other option sucks.

So to my fellow Commodores I raise a glass. I look forward to our first official meeting of the NHYC and every meeting after that, whether they just be for a beer and a bullshit or formulating how we can be the challenger of record for the next Americas Cup. To all y’all out there, I truly hope that you can find even a fraction of the fun that I find in every single day :)

So work hard, play hard and earn your inspiration

Happy Poets Day 

Comments

  1. but do you have a flag?

    I would like a T-shirt.

    Lastly, I would like any information you might have on chapter expansion. I would like to open up a chapter in San Diego. While I do not have a boat (or flag) I do have 15 surfboards of various shape and size that have probably forgotten how to float!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a flag now :) Just don't stand on the surfboards as they are rated from you 20 years ago :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The American Idol complex

Do not go gentle into that good night

Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you